A Farm to Table Frolic Guest Blog at Field Notes From Fatherhood!

Last week, I had the pleasure of writing an article for Matthew over at Field Notes From Fatherhood. To be honest, I wasn't familiar with his blog when the request came in, but after only a few minutes of perusing his site, I could tell, it was something special. Two ex-patriots making their way across Europe with their two kids, they make me want to pull up roots and begin a worldwide adventure of our own! Enjoy!

If you’ve been following Mommy Hiker for a while, you know the importance whole foods play in our daily lives. I am a firm believer that “We are what we eat.” Food is a life source, a healing miracle and a huge part of the beauty of community. That is why I make it a priority to feed my family balanced, nutritious and delicious whole foods.

toddler at farm
Picking Bok Choy!
As my toddler gets older and is able to understand more, I try to impart my knowledge of food and its benefits to her. We get a kick out of hanging out in the kitchen while I’m preparing meals just as my mother and my grandmother and I did when I was growing up. It’s not only an important bonding time for us, but an opportunity to teach her our family traditions and create new ones!

Read the full article here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...