[Food Series] Crimini Mushroom and Mint Stuffed Zucchini

I would say that 95% of the meals I prepare daily for our family are in-the-moment compositions. I am generally not one to set weekly menus, we just buy what looks great and I get to have fun exercising my improvisational skills. I concocted this recipe by mingling 3 different ideas; drawing on my memory of making Turkish Dolma, seeing the hundreds of Zucchini Boat pics on Pinterest (Ha!) and using the fresh ingredients that were already in my fridge, writing down measurements for you guys as I went along! Hope you enjoy them as much as we did!
Crimini Mushroom and Mint Stuffed Zucchini Recipe
Crimini Mushroom and Mint Stuffed Zucchini
Ingredients
4 medium size zucchinis
1 large clove of garlic
1 cup of crimini mushrooms
2 green onions
1 medium size tomato
1/2 cup fresh mint
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
salt & pepper to taste
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 teaspoon ground mustard

Scoop out the seeds and inner pulp of the zucchini, leaving the sides and ends intact. Give a rough chop to all of the veggies (except the tomato) and herbs, toss them together (including the innards of the zucchini) with the spices in a mixing bowl, then throw everything into the food processor for about a minute while slowly adding the olive oil. Carefully scoop the mixture into the zucchini shells and top with thinly sliced tomato. Place stuffed zucchinis into a baking dish filled with 1/4 inch of water, cover with aluminum foil and bake at 450 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 15 minutes. Voila! A healthy and yummy light summer dinner!

1 comment:

  1. This seems tasty, looking forward to trying it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...