[Food Series] Double Ginger Lemon Cupcakes with Cocoa Glaze

After a relaxing day of picnicking, our almost three year old decided she wanted cupcakes. Let me preface this by stating that I am not a baker. I dabble, but we don't do a lot of sweets in our house in general, so I racked my brain to come up with something comprised of ingredients we already had at home. This is one of my favorite ways to cook anything! I call them my improvised kitchen compositions and they are my babies. Enjoy!

Double Ginger Lemon Cupcakes Recipe

Ingredients

Cupcake
1 1/2 cups Flour
1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 tablespoon Ground Ginger
1 1/2 ripe Bananas
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1/4 cup Maple Syrup
2 Eggs
1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
1/2 cup Half & Half
Zest of 2 Lemons
Juice of 1 Lemon

Cocoa Glaze
2 tablespoons Cocoa Powder
Juice of 1/2 Lemon
2 tablespoons Honey

In a mixing bowl combine the flour, ground ginger, baking powder and baking soda. In another bowl mix the brown sugar, maple syrup, eggs, vanilla extract, half & half, lemon zest and lemon juice. Mash the banana and put it in with the other wet ingredients, then slowly blend your wet and dry ingredients together. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Carefully pour your cupcake batter into a non stick cupcake pan making sure to only fill each each about three quarters of the way. Bake for about 18-20 minutes. Try the toothpick trick, stick a toothpick through the center of a cupcake, if it comes out clean, they are done! To make the Cocoa Glaze, simply wisk the cocoa powder, lemon juice and honey completely , then drizzle on top of the cooled cupcakes. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...